20 North Main St
1st floor Room 164
Brooksville, FL 34601
Recorded Juror Information Line:
(5:15 pm – 8:00 AM)
Request to Postpone Jury Service
If the date of jury service is inconvenient, it is a policy of the Court to grant one courtesy request for postponement of jury service. Please select a date on a Monday 45 days after your original summons date, but not to exceed 6 months. (Requested excusal dates are not guaranteed). All requests must be received by our office at least 5 business days prior to your summons date. To request a postponement of your jury service, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Request for Excusal from Jury Service
All excusal requests must be submitted through our internet request form or in writing along with the necessary documentation. All requests must be received by our office at least 5 business days prior to your summons date. Excusals without the documentation listed in bold will not be accepted. Telephone requests for excusals and postponements will not be accepted. A representative from Jury Services will only contact you if your request is being denied. If you are not contacted your request has been granted. To request an excusal of your jury service, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- Convicted of a felony, unless civil rights restored / State, county & approximate year
- Non-resident of Hernando County / New license or bill with name and new address
- Not a U.S. Citizen / Copy of alien card or visa
- Under prosecution for any crime / State, County & date
- Active Duty Military / Branch & where stationed
- A person 70 years of age or older. Permanently remove.
- Expectant mother / Physicians note
- Full-time law enforcement officer / Badge # & agency
- Full-time student / Copy of student ID or class schedule
- Physically or mentally unable / Physicians note. (If the condition is permanent, a written statement to that effect must be provided by the Physician)
- A parent who is not employed full-time and has custody of a child under 6 years of age / Copy of birth certificate or immunization record.
- A person who is responsible for the care of a person who, because of mental illness, intellectual disability, senility, or other physical or mental incapacity, is incapable of caring for himself or herself / Name, nature of incapacity and relationship to you.
- Served as a juror in Hernando County within the last 12 months. / Month & year
Use this section if none of the other exemptions apply. Please provide explanation of your excusal request in the text box provided. You would also use “Extraordinary Request Reason” text box to provide Jury Services with the additional information required for the below optional & mandatory exemptions:
- Convicted Felon & Under Prosecution
- Law Enforcement Officer (LEO)
- Care of the Incapacitated
- Active Duty Military
- Previous Juror
If you have questions about your request, please contact Jury Services at (352) 540-6399.
To request an excusal or postponement of your jury service, complete the form below: