Pursuant to Florida Statute Chapter 501, persons who engage in sale, lease, or rental of consumer goods or services with a purchase price in excess of $25 which includes all interest, service charges, finance charges, postage, freight, insurance, and service or handling charges, whether under single or multiple contracts, made pursuant to an installment contract, a loan agreement, other evidence of indebtedness, or a cash transaction or other consumer credit transaction are required to obtain a Home Solicitation Sale Permit.
Refer to F.S. 501.022(1)(b) for a list of those individuals who are exempt or excluded from the permit requirement.
Application for a Home Solicitation Sale Permit
- Application for Home Solicitation Sale Permit, fully completed.
- Transaction Control Number (TCN) must be on your application. You will receive this number from the agency where you complete your electronic fingerprints
- Receipt showing that you have completed payment to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for your fingerprint analysis
- Valid Photo Identification, such as a Driver License, passport, photo identification card
- Two recent 2″ x 2″ passport-type photos. Photo service is available at the Clerk’s Office for a fee.
- The filing fee (listed below)
Processing of a Home Solicitation Sale Permit Application
Once the completed application is received by this office, we will request a local criminal history background investigation from the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office results and the fingerprint analysis report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement will be electronically submitted to the Clerk’s office within 60 days.
When the reports are received from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, the results will be reviewed by a Committee, who will either approve or deny the issuance of a Home Solicitation Sale Permit. The Applicant will be notified of the decision by telephone and US certified mail.
If approved, the Applicant must appear in person to sign for and pick up the Home Solicitation Permit. A personal appearance is required because the permit must include the permit holder’s signature.
The Home Solicitation Sale Permit is valid for one year. The permit holder must then repeat the application process to obtain a new permit.
|Clerk of Court Application Fee (non-refundable)
paid by cash, credit card (processing fee applies), or check made payable to Hernando County Clerk of Circuit Court and Comptroller
|Photo Service (2 passport-sized photos)
|$13.00 plus tax