Hernando County Clerk of Circuit Court & Comptroller

The legislature has established a centralized location for collection and disbursement of child support payments known as the State of Florida Disbursement Unit. For information regarding payments you may contact them at (877)769-0251.

To make payments online or to look up the last five payments and disbursements or to get a direct deposit form go to: MyFloridaCounty.com.

If your case is handled by the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement and you have questions, you may contact them at (850) 488-5437.

Where Do I mail my child support payment?

All payments are to be mailed to the State of Florida Disbursement Unit, PO Box 8500, Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500 and made payable to FLSDU. The FLSDU will then follow their procedure and receipt the payment. They will disburse the funds to the obligee.

How can I verify a Payment was received?

If you would like to inquire as to the last payment and amount, you may call (877) 769-0251. The automated attendant will instruct you as to how to input your nine digit case number and social security number to retrieve this information.

Can I send the payment directly to my spouse?

If your Court order states that child support is to be paid through the State of Florida Disbursement Unit, you must comply with that order. Failure to do so can constitute contempt. If you wish to have the original order modified, you will need to file the proper paperwork for a modification in accordance with the Florida Statute and Family Law Rules of Procedure.

What if I can't pay the amount ordered?

Florida Law states that child support can be reduced or increased if a substantial change of circumstance has occurred. This modification may be requested by either the respondent or the petitioner. A court hearing is required for a modification; therefore, all pleadings must be filed in accordance with Florida Statute and Family Law Rules of Procedure.

My ex-spouse is not paying support. What can I do?

The Clerk’s office has very little power to enforce the payment of child support. DOR/CSE is an agency specifically for child support enforcement which is located at 324 W. Jefferson Street, Brooksville, FL 34601. The telephone number is (850) 488-5437. Your personal attorney can enforce your child support rights as well.

How can I have my support taken out of my paycheck?

If you are making support payments and want your employer to process the payment for you, the Clerk’s office has petitions for Income Deduction Orders available. The petition can be filed with the Clerk’s Office to be submitted to the Judge’s office. Upon receipt of the signed Order from the Judge, an Order will be sent to your employer. You should continue to make your payments yourself until the Order is processed by your employer.

My husband doesn't make regular payments. How can I get his payments taken out of his paycheck?

If you receive child support payments and want to implement an Income Deduction Order, you would have to file the proper paperwork to petition the court for an Income Deduction Order in accordance with Florida Laws and Rules of Procedure.

What age do my Children have to be before I can stop paying child support?

The age of emancipation in Florida is eighteen but other states have varying ages. When a case is transferred from another state to Florida, the state that has continuing exclusive jurisdiction will determine what the age of emancipation will be. If your Court Order states otherwise, it supersedes the age of emancipation.